If you have curly hair, you know that it is different from all other hair types. Our hair salon can give you tips to keep your beautiful locks looking their best.
Curly Hair Tips
Curly hair needs special care and conditioning in order to ensure that it stays healthy and gorgeous. Follow our tips for keeping your curls in top-notch shape! Our Mt Juliet hair salon will be happy to recommend the best cleansing and styling products for your own individual needs when you visit us.
• Use a gentle moisturizing shampoo. Curly hair loves moisture, and the coarser the hair, the more moisture it needs and the more product it will absorb.
• When shampooing and towel drying, avoid vigorous motions that can cause your hair to tangle. Never scrub your hair with a towel. Blot your hair gently to prevent it from breaking or tangling.
• Curly hair can tangle very easily. Before and after showering, use your fingers or a flexible wide tooth comb to release any tangles.
• If your hair tends to be on the dry side, try a leave in conditioning product. This will add moisture and maintain your hair’s vitality and enhance fullness. Moisturizing the hair will not only help its overall health, but will help to eliminate frizz.
• Hair products made from natural ingredients are significantly better for curly hair. When possible, choose sulfate free and alcohol free products that contain natural ingredients that will moisturize your hair and protect your hair cuticle from damage.
• For thin and wavy hair types, avoid applying conditioner to the scalp area. For thicker, coarse hair types, apply conditioner all-over.
• Curly hair types dry best without the use of a blow dryer. Whenever possible, allow your hair to air dry. This will keep it shiny and healthy.